Acceptable Use Policy
Here at Wise-Sync, our goal is to help you and your team integrate to your accounting system, to streamline back office functions, and automate payment processing. To do this, we need to keep our products and services running smoothly, quickly, and without distraction - this is where we need your help. As outlined in greater detail below, when you accept this policy - you agree to not misuse or abuse our products and services.
In alignment with our Acceptable Use Policy, we are able to articulate what is meant by "misuse" and "abuse," and to identify such transgressions and react accordingly. Under this policy, we also reserve the right to remove content that isn't stipulated in this policy yet suggests inappropriate behavior on par with these guidelines.
We refer to "services" as all websites owned or operated by Wise-Sync, including wise-sync.com, wise-pay.com, and all related websites, subdomains and pages, as well as any of Wise-Sync's consulting services. We ask that you please exercise your own judgement, and to treat all members of our community with respect, so that we can continue to create and innovate. To perfectly understand what this policy pertains to, you will find the legal fine print below.
Here's what we won't allow:
- Compromising the integrity of our systems. This includes, but is not limited to, probing, scanning, or testing the vulnerability of any system or network that hosts our services.
- Tampering with, reverse-engineering, or hacking our services, circumventing any security or authentication measures, or attempting to gain unauthorized access to the services, related systems, networks, or data.
- Modifying, disabling, or compromising the integrity or performance of the services or related systems, network or data.
- Deciphering any transmissions to or from the servers running the services.
- Overwhelming or attempting to overwhelm our infrastructure by imposing an unreasonably large load on our systems that consume extraordinary resources (CPUs, memory, disk space, bandwidth, etc.), such as:
- Using robots, spiders, offline readers, or other automated systems, to send more request messages to our servers than a human could reasonably send within the same period of time by using a normal browser.
- Going far beyond the use of parameters for any given service as described in its corresponding documentation.
2. Excessive Use
- Consuming an unreasonable amount of our API resources in a way that causes an unnecessary load on both Wise-Sync and its third-party integrations, by not correcting errors and/or perpetually syncing records that are erroneous.
- Upgrading and downgrading of your account to avoid monthly plan limits.
3. Wrongful activities
- Misrepresentation of yourself, or disguising the origin of any content via means including, but not limited to, "spoofing," phishing, manipulating headers or other identifiers, impersonation, and/or falsely implying any sponsorship or association with Wise-Sync and/or a third-party.
- Using our services to violate the privacy of an individual and/or group, including publishing or posting other people's private/confidential information without their permission, or collecting other people's personal information (including account names and/or other information) from our services.
- Using our services to stalk, harass, or post direct threats to harm others.
- Using the services for any illegal purpose, or in violation of any laws (including without limitation data, privacy, and export control laws).
- Accessing or searching any part of the services by any means other than our publicly supported interfaces (for example, “scraping”).
- Using meta tags or any other “hidden text” including Wise-Sync's and/or our suppliers’ product names or trademarks.
4. Inappropriate communications
- Using the services to generate or send unsolicited communications, advertising, chain letters and/or spam.
- Soliciting our users for commercial purposes, unless expressly permitted by Wise-Sync.
- Disparaging Wise-Sync or our partners, vendors, or affiliates.
- Promoting or advertising products or services other than your own without appropriate authorization.
5. Inappropriate content
- Posting, uploading, sharing, submitting, or otherwise providing content that:
- Infringes Wise-Sync’s or a third party’s intellectual property or other rights, including any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral rights, privacy rights of publicity, or any other intellectual property right or proprietary or contractual right.
- You don’t have the right to submit.
- Is deceptive, fraudulent, illegal, obscene, defamatory, libelous, threatening, harmful to minors, pornographic (including child pornography, which we will remove and report to law enforcement, including the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children), indecent, harassing, and/or hateful.
- Encourages illegal or tortious conduct or that is otherwise inappropriate.
- Attacks others based on their race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, or medical condition.
- Contains viruses, bots, worms, scripting exploits, or other similar materials.
- Is intended to be inflammatory.
- Could otherwise cause damage to Wise-Sync or any third-party.
In this Acceptable Use Policy, the term “content” refers to: (1) any information, data, text, software, code, scripts, music, sound, photos, graphics, videos, messages, tags, interactive features, or other materials that you post, upload, share, submit, or otherwise provide in any manner to the services and (2) any other materials, content, or data you provide to Wise-Sync or use with the Services.
Without affecting any other remedies available to us, Wise-Sync may permanently or temporarily terminate or suspend a user’s account or access to the services without notice or liability if Wise-Sync (in its sole discretion) determines that a user has violated this Acceptable Use Policy.